Are you planning to hire a land surveyor? If you do, then you better be ready to spend some serious cash. While many websites of notable land surveying service firms in your local area claim about having ‘reasonable’ rates, these prices are not the case. They’re twice as expensive than standard surveying. The official surveyor costs in Adelaide are quite on the pricey side, and if you don’t have the right budget, you may not be able to afford this type of service. That’s why you should read this article to discover the actual rate of professional land surveying services.
The Cost of Land Surveying Per Acre of Land
The standard price for a typical land survey per one acre of land ranges from $600 to $1,200. The same applies to half-acres due to the service fees that are charged for travel and other expenses. There are certain quarters within the year where the price for land surveying per acre crops to around $400 to $800. For bigger plots of land, the standard pay is about $0.50 to $1 for every linear foot. This rate can lower with discounts for even bigger spaces. For smaller properties, they may have a higher cost per-linear-foot if discounts are not included.
The Different Factors That Affect the Land Surveyor Costs in Adelaide
Many different factors can affect the overall cost of land surveying. The shape of the land, plot size, and other relevant factors will play a significant role in determining the actual price of land surveying services. With that said, here are some notable points to keep in mind:
- More extensive tracts typically cost more.
- Rectangular-shaped plots are easier to survey.
- The longer it takes for the land surveyor the get to your property, the higher their service fee will be. That’s why we highly suggest you hire local surveyors.
- Lands that have slopes and hills are much harder to survey. What’s worse is that they can lead to some extra expenses that you’ll have to deal with.
- Research time for deeds and land records will also add to the overall cost of land surveying.
If you’ve surveyed over a decade ago, now is the right time to have it updated. By this time, it’s already 30 to 60 percent cheaper than going through land survey for a newly acquired property. The total land surveyor costs in Adelaide will also depend on the number of years that passed since your last land survey.