This article is dedicated to educating all the women out there on how to clean their espadrilles. But before we delve deep into that topic, let’s first talk about some DON’TS that you should pay close attention to. Since women’s Espadrilles are made from jute rope, throwing them in the washing machine is a bad idea since the rope could come unglued or unravelled. You also need to be extra gentle when cleaning this pair of shoes as they are hand sewn. Exerting too much force could force the material to come apart. You can find more information about it here. So, now that we have that out of the way, here are three easy steps to clean your espadrilles.
Gather All of Your Tools
First of all, you’ll need to gather a number of tools and materials for the cleanup process. You don’t have to use similar brands and products that we use. However, we do recommend that you use Nellie’s cleaning products. It’s a premium brand that’s great for cleaning shoes and other items. It’s gentle on the fabric and will always remove tough stains. As for us, we use Nellie’s all-natural brightener. With that said, click here to get a list of all the materials and tools that you’ll need.
Cleaning Women’s Espadrilles
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you should clean your espadrilles:
- Fill the sink with warm water; add the brightening powder.
- Get your espadrilles wet with the warm water solution. Apply extra amounts of powder on spots that have excessive dirt.
- Use a used toothbrush to work in the cleaner. Once you see the dirt lifting, use the toothbrush on the rest of the fabric material.
- Rinse your espadrilles and by submerging them in another pale of warm water. Place a heavy object on top of your espadrilles to keep them from floating.
- Let it soak for over an hour. Afterwards, take it out then let dry under the sun. For coloured espadrilles, only leave them for a few minutes to ensure that the colour doesn’t fade.
Find more information by clicking this link.
Let the Espadrille Dry in the Sun
We just mentioned this one, but we’d like to emphasise on this just to make sure you know how important this step is to clean your espadrilles. The reason is that since it’s made from jute rope, it needs to dry out completely. Anything less than the power of the sun is not going to be enough. So make sure you place it in the sunniest place in your house to let it dry completely.
Find more information about how you can take good care of your espadrilles. Subscribe to our newsletter now and find out how to clean other types of footwear.